Monday, August 14, 2006

Melissa Brodie



Today preparing for supper I was standing at my kitchen sink husking corn. I was thinking about being eight years old and being at Melissa Brodie's house for a full day of fun. Jean asked us to husk the corn for supper and we got a big paper bag and sat on the side porch and tore off the husks. One of those jobs that few children complain about. I don't know what brought me back to that memory. I've husked corn on many other occasions and under many other circumstances, but today I felt reminecent of my younger years. I started thinking about all the people who have been in my life over the years, people I have loved and cared deeply for, like Melissa. People who are apart of all my memories and sadly people who I haven't heard from in years. Not of their doing alone. Funny how life goes. One day someone can be the center of your universe and you're thinking, " I will never have another friend like Melissa Brodie, we'll be friends forever." and the next(well10 years later) you don't even know if their married with kids. You know though, all is not lost! I still have the memories. And a friend made in the heart is a friend for a life time. I still hold Melissa and our memories dear to my heart.

So what does this have to do with corn? I have no idea. I'm crazy like that I guess. One minute its husking corn and the next I'm rambling about long lost friends.

No comments: