Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A clean house

Lately my pleasure has been in keeping my house clean. In the past this joy has come and gone and so I don't know if this is just a phase or the beginning of something new for me. I just seem to have to motivation and organization to stay on top of most of the house. I am enjoying keeping things in order. I have to admit to myself that I have always loved order. Not just in my surrounding but in a perdictable day and so on. (something I inherited from my mother)
I can't believe the way it has helped me be a better mother and wife. I think its more my adittude. In the sense that if I am willing to serve my family by keeping the house clean I will be more likely to serve them in other ways. Looking at the people around me and their needs instead of being stuck on myself and my needs. Giving feels so much better than taking. I have felt so much love from my husband the last few days.(he's only been home a few days).
My moto is "No excuses" Just get up and do it. I don't know how long this motivation will last but I'm going to cease this God given blessing now and maybe I'll be able to make something of it.
Lord, I want all I do and say to point those around me, back to You. Maybe my service to my family will show my children what it means to love as Christ did. Laying down his life me.

Off to bed now.

No comments: