Monday, January 05, 2009

A new Chalmers

Yes, there is a new Chalmers coming. We are excited and scared and happy and nervous all at the same time. Adding another member to our family was something we really wanted to do but it being our third we were not innocent of the resposbilities and the drastic changes that a baby brings. So I've been hesitant to jump up and down for joy, not to say that I'm not very excited to meet the next member of our family and can't wait to hold him/her in my arms. Isn't life like that, so many things are hard and yet joyful all at once. I'm enjoying every minute of life right now, with out a new born. With the other two I could not wait for the day they came and all the days in between were just days waiting. This time, I'm savouring every full night sleep, every time we go out and the kids play and I can talk with my friends and I don't have a baby to feed or change or sooth. Yes, life is going to look a whole lot different...not bad different, but different. Its like the months before I got married and I was so wanting the day to come I couldn't think of anything else. Everyone said, "Amie enjoy your last days of being single." Not that they didn't want me to get married, but they knew what I didn't, that life looks very different once you are married and there's no going back.
I've been really sick this first trimester. Pretty much useless. Jon has been so patient and helpful. Its hard to explain to the kids that I'm sick because of the baby.
Anyways, for anyone who wanted to know, We're having Number 3.
blessings
AMIE

1 comment:

snapples45 said...

hey there Amie....im so excited to hear that your having your third....being sick is no fun..especially when you already have two little ones wanting so much attention....its such a blessing for you to have such a committed husband to help you out during these sucky first trimesters....i wish you the best of health and a wonderful smooth delivery.....although anxiety can get you down...once the baby comes...it is so awesome how the siblings get so involved....helping to releive the tention and business....the love your children are going to give this new member will catch you in tears of joy...make every moment special...take care..

Tanya McIntyre