I found this amazing blog today called "homespun living". You have to check it out. She is a gifted seamstress, knitter, and home decorator. I am inspired by her art and beautiful photos. It is so generous of her to invite us into her home and work.
I have copied down her pattern for knit dish clothes and am excited to try it out. Need to get some cotton. I might have enough for one cloth. I guess that's a start!
I'm working on a sweater for Ian. I received the pattern from my mom. When I left home she gave me all her knitting supplies and binder of patterns. Its a raglan sweater with finished neck line. ( unlike the last sweater I made which was also a raglan.) I've changed the look of it by knitting a different motif. Its more like a Fair Ilse look. I enjoy uses a pattern but also being able to add my own creativity. My camera's memory card is full and the the battery is dead, so I'll have to up load some photos when that problem has been solved.
I'm looking forward to the day Ian starts taking two long naps a day. I'll start sewing again and get more knitting down. At the moment the sewing has all but stopped and the knitting is done in 5-10 minute intervals. I'm not complaining...just looking forward to the future! :)
Well that's it for me. I'm off to bed. Church tomorrow. Sundays are always big days.
Amie
No comments:
Post a Comment