I was reading through some of my journal entries. I came across a quote from "Lessons from the hiding place." The words struck me in a new deeper way, as I considered their meaning in light of our families situation.
"Bestie said, 'It is going to be a harder winter than we have ever had before. We must show through our joy the worth of being a Christian. We should already be doing this, because seeing the dark clouds approaching is often harder than being covered by them.'"
During and coming home from candidates week I started realizing the gravity of what we are embarking on. Health, security, money, culture, heat, language, schooling for the kids, traveling abroad, all these were suddenly before me in a clearer more profound way. How, when, with what strength, and with what wisdom, will I navigate through all these things. Bestie's words challenge me to not grow faint, to not lose heart, but to joyfully head toward the storm clouds. Maybe my life now; how I handle the next year, can be a testimony of the glorious riches of God? Will I fret and worry, complain and grumble, or will I live in the hope of Christ? Putting my life firmly in Him; trusting He will prepare me and guide me now and when the storm clouds are over head.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him
How I've proved Him o'r and o'r
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus
Oh for grace to trust Him more.
Lord, give me the trust I need. It's by your grace that I will joyfully meet whatever comes our way, so that all will know how great You are.
2 comments:
Amie, I find great joy in watching God's work of grace in your life. Only in our extremity is His supremacy experienced. Christ is sufficient for all these things and I rejoice that you are seeing that. Keep pressing on in the good work He has called you to.
Love, dad.
My fellow pilgrim, my friend, my daughter. How beautiful you are in the clothes of humility and faith. You WILL find Him faithful, and the pain He prepares for you will be accompanied by grace and mercy. "He knows we are but dust, He remembers our frame." somewhere in the Bible :)
Post a Comment