Sunday, January 22, 2012

My, how life has changed.


Just taking a moment to read over my blog. Its been a long time since I've posted anything. I was amazed at how my life has changed since last I posted.
My house is not filled with familiar things. There is no winter. I hardly ever bake anymore, and the list could go on. Looking at those pictures makes me wonder if we actually lived that life. It seems like a life time ago that we had a 'normal' life in Canada. With school, and shopping, and TV, and church, and play dates, and baking, and dinner with friends, and road trips, and gas stations, and visits to Grandpa's farm. I wonder what it will be like to go back to that life? How will it feel? Do I make it better and bigger in my mind? Will I see my life differently back there? Lots of questions.
There is the ability to live here somewhat like we did at home. But is that what I want for our time here? I think the answer is no. It takes a lot of thought and energy to decide and act differently then at home. One small example, we live in a city, I could buy all my food at a large store. But what are the consequences of that decision? On the positive side I don't have to barter, and worry about being robbed. On the downside, I remove myself from the daily life of most people who live here, and I remove many opportunities to rub shoulders with Kenyans. I wonder if life will not be so full of decisions later after we have lived here longer. But as it is now we wrestle with some many things, wanting to make the right choices and habits to enable us to best be used by God.

No comments: