It's just recently hit me how heavy convictions are to carry. The two that consume my time and thought at the moment do just that, consume my thoughts and time. I strongly feel that losing the weight I gained with the two kids is important to my health and life style. I have to reenforce new habits almost hourly. I have to cook healthier, which usually takes longer. I have to work out every morning, which is tiring and requires a sacrifice on Jon's part.
I also feel strongly about being commited to good stewardship of the earth. This also is a heavy conviction. I feel like the decisions and habit changes that need to be made need to be well thought out and need to include Jonathan. Changing over to pinned prefold diapers is definitly not as expensive as AIOs or fitted diapers but it is still an initial cost that is hard to dish out. And making a compost requires some sort of containment, which again will cost money. Cloth diapers, recycling(taking paper, cardborad, tin, glass, and plastic into Kindersley), composting, and others require a considerable amount of time in comparision to a non-eco lifestyle. I don't feel overly burdened by all this at this time but as I look at the future I know that conviction are heavy things to carry. I've been reminded twice recently that anything of worth requires work. Or put another way, the right road is usually not the easy road. I guess that means that the weight of this load is worth carrying because the price at the end is worth having.
No comments:
Post a Comment