Wednesday, February 14, 2007


At mom and Dad's house at this moment. They have high speed and I need to take advantage. So here I am.
We missed the church Valentine's Day dinner and fun night thingy. I hope they had fun, I'm sure they did, no hoping even needed. Those Kelfield folk know how to have a good time.
I'm reading a book called "Out of Africa". Yes I believe there is a movie but I've never seen it. I have wanted to go to Africa for as long as I can remember but have read so little about it. She, the author, gives such an interesting perceptive of the people, the terrain, and the wild life. I've only gotten through part one but I'm hooked. I've decided to read books that are not neccassarily "christian" per say. But instead those books that are a part of a well verse reader. Other books that I plan to read this year are Zadie Smith - On Beauty , Jill Lepore - New York burning, Henry Louis Gates Jr. - Coloure People. Actually all these books are about human rights. I also have tried to read Frasis Schaffer- "How should we then live" but have never gotten through it. So I hope to get to that this year too.
I'll keep you up date on Out of Africa and give you my finally review.

1 comment:

catherine said...

i'm going to finish reading cs lewis.. the problem of pain.. then i'm going to read US weekly, house and home, i might make my way through the sears catalogue...

this is when jason would say - 'your brain is a muscle and if you don't excercise it, you'll lose it' and i say, 'oh jason, you're so funny' and he'd shake his head, and then he'd walk away and then i'd continue on with watching cityline...

yap...