Well, yes, this was a very busy crazy weekend. We lost our power for about 24 hours on thursay/friday. This kinda took us off guard. I always like an adventure and I tried my best to keep up the family's spirits. We were getting really cold by 12:00 noon on friday. (We had to leave for YQ though and then it came on two hours later). We did get a little figity at times. The evening took a little more creativity. Jon and I were able to spend some time talking and just enjoying each other company. I didn't want Grace to get cold in the night so I layered on the clothes and was in her room often trying to keep the blankets on us. Elijah we took to bed with us. He can sleep with us but Grace doesn't do as well in our bed. We actually slept in longer that day than we have in a long time. Over all it was a good reminder that we are way too dependent on things out side ourselves. It made me more upset that I could get the house warm because I rely on some else to do it. But we made it , the kids loved the flash lights and now we know we can go without power for a long time.
As I said we went to Youth Quake in Caronport with our youth group. Dropped the kids off in Swift Current with Jon's parents and then went on the Caronport. The kickoff skit was so good. The best we've seen in a long time. The kids seemed to like the whole weekend and they made losts of friends. The speaker was so funny and I hope got a good message across to the kids. Unfortunately my girls ( not all of them) decided to not sleep for the whole weekend. The first night was a little rough. I got 2 1/2 hours all together, but the second night I got five hours. I got in bed at 3:00am both nights but the second night I was able to sleep in until 9:00 am. Anyways, I decided that it was only a few days, it was a weekend for them, not me and so I put on my best face and told them i loved them, and a bad night sleep won't change that for the world.
I got to see Jason and we had two good visits. I always think that he will be too busy for me, but when i see him, he's always, just my cousin who still loves me. As always he encouraged me to start song writing again. Its funny how when someone you resepect tells you you can do something, you suddendly beleive them, even though for months now I've been thinking I'll never write another song. Words of affirmation are so important. Thinking about that made me decide to be intentional about saying postive things to my own kids and the youth.
The concert they put on was so good. I wanted to cry so many time because I just love Jason so much, and when I see someone I love doing what God created them to do, it just moves me so much. It's like listening to Joshua talk about his training and awards, and watching Jon play volleyball or deliver a really great sermon, or Scott play his guitar, or design something just so orginal and unique. They (Downhere) have perfected their craft. I remember listening to Jason play when we were younger. I'd think, there is no way that God won't use this one day, he's going to be playing music for thousands of people one day.
Anyways, we got home safe but tired. I'm looking forward to getting back into my routine.
3 comments:
Oh !! thank you for all your words to-day. I am so happy to hear you talk about the men in our family.
I love them all too and you and your family aswell. It makes me so happy that I have children and grandchildren who love oneanother and respect and encourage each other. I listen to your music on my ipod while I am walking the dog aswell as Scotty and downhere and revivile in belfast.
good for you sweet girl. gramma
Amie, I'm so proud of you! You are a mature woman of God. Putting others before yourself. Imagine a world where everyone followed this rule. And I agree with Jason: get writting those songs! You are so gifted in expressing yourself. Just like your mom. Thanks for sharing a small part of your life with us. dad
Amie Elizabeth Chalmers makes the world a better place because she washes the feet of her followers.
Amazing grace, beautiful love, humble spirit, looks like Christ in cool running shoes!
your fan, mom
Post a Comment