"God says, ' My counsel will stand and I will accomplish all my prupose.' Therefore Job says, 'No purpose of your can be thwarted.' His purposes encompass all things, including sin. Thus the crucifixtion of Chirst was the will of God, even though it was the greatest sin ever committed. 'The lot is cast i the lap, but every decision is from the Lord.(proverbs 16.33)' "
So that's a lot to swollow. This next quote kinda clarified things for me. "How can God be happy and decree calamity? Consider that he has the capacity to view the world through two lenses. Through the narrow one hei s greived and angered at sin and pain. Throught the wide one he sees evil in relation to its eternal purposes. Reality is like a mosaic. The parts may be ugly in themselves, but the whole is beautiful." Piper's main assertion is,
"The chief end of God is to glorify God and enjoy himself forever."
It would be unrighteous of God to value anything more than what is supremely good, whick of course is Himself. So if God plans all of history, the good and bad, and values himself above all, all of history must be good from the view point of an all-knowing and all-righteous God.
So, when I look at my life I feel so much more hope. I can see in the past how God has put things together in my life and how he has asked me to be pained at times. And all this ulitmately brought Him glory...the story of my life is obviously still playing out, but I can rest in the assurance that God would not let my life be wasted because he longs for His own glory through all things. I can only pray that in death and life I can point to Him more and more. ( actually i don't have to hope because He will make it happen whether I want to or not)I mean the death and resurrection of His son is the first and foremost moment in history that I must glorify God for in this life time.
So I will read on and hopefully learn more about as Piper as, "the cheif end of man is to glorify God by enjoying him forever."
I hope this hasn't been too confusing. Obviously I don't have all my thoughts together. But as I am reminded regularly, life is a journey and to God be the glory for the grace to grow and learn in progressions.
2 comments:
Amie! I am thinking (meditating) on the same ideas of late! Mostly about the theology of sin and how I have viewed it's role in my life. What an incredible God to be able to use every tool on the floor for His glory and our good! It is soooooo counter intuitive to think that God uses sin to produce glory for himself but he does.
So cool that we are both on the same page.
also there amiekins.. i'm still not on your friends list???? is there something you aren't telling me??? i'm starting to get a complex here!!!
Post a Comment