Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Getting There

Being here at Mom and Dad's has made me realize how much more confident I have become as a parent. I remember being here on past occasions and feeling lost with out my schedule, not wanting to go alone places with the kids, needing them to have thier nap at regular times. But this time I feel so much more relaxed. Elijah has become so much easier to take places, and Grace, well she's a 18 month old that wants to touch everything, but I guess I've just come to grips with the fact. I wish I had given myself more time to grow. I tend to think I have to be good at something right away, and if I'm not I get frustrated, but its taken me 3 years to get to this point. I got to let myself be a work in progress. So now as I look at the parts of my life that aren't complete or perfect I need to be patient. Take a deep breath Amie, there are days and months to come!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Amie,

I will be home tomorrow! I love you! You are a great mom! Thanks for loving our kids.
can't wait to see you and the kids tomorrow.
love,

Jon