Monday, October 22, 2007

its been a while

I've gotten into this FAcebook thing and its hard to do the blog and the facebook, but I don't want to leave my blog for good, so I've come back today so refresh it.
Well, Caronport is turning out to be a very nice place. I'm enjoying having family close. Christine, my sister-in-law is here with her family and we ahve been able to spend some time together. Also nice for the kids to spend time together, since they are moving next year and who knows where we will end up. My other sister-in-law is here also. She is in college and I love to hear the excitment she has. Reminds me of the great years I spent in Caronport as a student. She's great o come over and just hang out, or babysit.
Jon is playing volleyball. Its a job basically. He's in the gym three hours a day, plus team meeting, and team time (they hang out together to bond) and then they are gone every weekend. I'm excited for him because i know he loves it. I'm always telling him to enjoy himself because I don't want to be alone with the kids if he's not having any fun.
I'll admit I've had my days that I've questioned whether this was the right decision for us (him playing volleyball), I've felt alone, and overwhelmed by the kids. But I'm trying my best to take life as it comes to me, make the most of it, and know that God's will is bigger and better than my own. I'd rather Jon be playing volleyball than working some silly job that he hates. Atleast when he goes out the door I know he's happy. I can always go over to the gym and watch them practice. The kids and I do that quite often actaully. They love it. the guys are all so nice to them. Grace love to collect all the balls. and Elijah likes to play on the bleachers.
Still trying to find our place in a church. A good friend of mine, who goes to the church we've pretty much settled on does worship and has asked me to help once in a while. I hope that works out. I need to invest in something, or I become purposless. ( is that a word)
So that's life right now. We're happy, God is providing for all our needs and ofcourse still teaching me how to become more like Him.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi there Amie. Great to read your thoughts. I want to encourage you that you are both doing a good thing and you will remember this part of your life as a growing expereance. The most important thing is not what you are doing but who you are. And you are a wonderfull girl who loves God!!!!
"That is a good thing". Who says that? Martha somebody?
Bill and I have just got back from South Carolina ( with teeth) Ha ha.
good to be home and back in my sewing room. Love Gramma