Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas tree

Well i gave in this year and bought a cheap fake Christmas tree. I'm actually amazed at the many advantages to having a fake Christmas tree (FCT). I will list them for you
1. no pine needles in the rug
2. Sturdy bows to hold ordiments
3. Your fingers don't hurt after decorating. the FCT doesn't poke the way real pine needles do. And you don't have sap all over your hands.
4. NO WATERING!
5. Basically no fire hazard. I mean anything can burn but a dry light wood seem more likely to go up in flames.
6. Pre-lite. This was another one of those great ideas that has changed everything.
7. And though I did not buy the best FCT it looks as good or better than some of the real trees Jon and I have purchased in the past.
8. Don't have to pull it down right away after Christmas. I could potential leave the thing in the living room until July and we'd still have a nice tree.
9....I wanted to make it to 10 but I've run out of things to say about my FCT.

The one down side is no Real Christmas tree smell!
We've already had one Christmas with my parents before they moved back East. Elijah was pretty excited about that. Oh and we had our Koop Christmas. So only two more to go and we'll have to season over with. That sounds like I want it over with...I don't.
We were making ordments for the grandparents the other day and Elijah said, "Grandpa is going to love this." Then he said, "Papa is going to love this too." And I said, "I know they will!" Then we made cookies for our neighbours and friends and he said, "The big boy next door is going to love his cookie." and " our volleyball friends are going to love their cookies" and I said, "yes they are!'
So if anyone is reading this and you receive a gift from Elijah this Christmas, tell him that you love it.
So that's about all I have to say. I should get to bed so I'm rested to for tomorrow. Busy, busy, busy.
Oh and if you are reading this and you live is Caronport or MooseJaw come out Sunday Dec. 9th at 7:00 to the Alliance church. Terry Smith and I are leading worship at the young adults worship event. I don't know the official name of the evening, but it happens once a month and it looks to be fun.
good night all!

No comments: