Friday, November 27, 2009

Soup, a night out and my growing boy




So this is a mix-mash of the last week.
I made some amazing soup on Monday. Cream of Pea and Spinach. I love the beautiful green color and texture was so smooth and velvety. Here's the recipie
1 small onion chopped small
5 tbsp of butter
1/4 cup flour
4 cups chicken broth
1-2 cups water
2 cup frozen/fresh peas
1 bag of spinach
1/2 cup heavy cream. I use coffee cream

1.melt butter in larger pot
2. add onion and cook unto translucent don't brown them
3.add flour stirring let it start bubbling
4.add broth slowly stirring all the time
5.add water
6.bring to boil and turn down to simmer stirring ferquently. let it thicken to consistency of cream. let it simmer for 10 mins to get rid of flour taste.
7.add peas and spinach. simmer until wilted and mushy.
8.puree in blender in batches. Don't fill blender too much with each batch
9.put back in pot add cream and heat. Don't boil or you may ruin your cream.
Enjoy!!!! Try using broccoli that's good too!

On Wednesday night Jon and I were able to go the Agrobition. We had a lot of fun together. Blayne and Penny Banting offered to look after Elijah and Grace. What a blessing that was. We felt so served and loved by them. We bought tickets for the rodeo. We saw some bucking broncos, cattle roping, calf wrestling, sheep herding dogs, mutten bustin' and lots more. Its a nice crowd, its not too loud and Jon and I were able to watch and have a conversation.

I thought I throw and picture of Ian in the jolly jumper for the first time. He just loved it. I think he was in there for a half hour or more. What a cutie. He's getting so big so fast. Always smiling expect when he's hungry or tired.

I've been given so many good gifts. Thank you Lord.

No comments: