I'm a mother of three with what always seem to be full days, and yet when I sit down in the evening to write a blog I have a terrible time thinking of something to write.
My Moms and Tots group is doing at cookie exchange tomorrow. So today I did my best to make something for the exchange. I don't know why I had to try something new. I made Cream Cheese Swirl Blondies. All three of the kids were either crying, begging , or complaining during the mixing process. I was about to throw in the towel, but I sent to two older one's to their rooms and put the youngest down for a nap. Problem solved! The blondies didn't turn out the way I thought they would. Oh well. I'm supposed to have the recipe typed out for whoever takes my cookies...but that's not going to happen the way the day has gone.
It is so cold outside today. It seems like the past week I've either been in my house or in my van. Walking somewhere is not going to happen. This is not a particularly good thing seeing I've just had a baby, its Christmas and there are always more sweet things to eat, and when it gets cold I always want to eat things with either or both flour and sugar. What's with that? It is as predictable as the canada goose going south for the winter. The temp. starts dropping and I start baking. Hey it just hit me, that would be the good thing about living in the Kenyan heat...I wouldn't ever feel like baking. Who wants to turn on the oven when it's plus 30? Not me!
Well, wish me luck with my blondies at Moms and Tots tomorrow. Hope someone wants them.
Off to bed I go.
1 comment:
I love this! I feel like I live in your world! I am so enjoying reading your blog! keep it coming!
Post a Comment