Jonathan gave me a read through the bible in the year Bible. It is divided into daily readings which include Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and New Testament. It is very easy and enjoyable. I like how my reading for the day is right there and no flipping around is necessary. I have been excited each day to come to the Word. I am hopeful that I will be able to read the whole bible this year.
I am also reading "Life Lessons from the Hiding Place. Discovering the Heart of Corrie Ten Boom." I stole this one from my parents book shelf when we were there visiting this Christmas. Besides the wisdom and beauty of Corrie that is so inspiring, I am finding all the information on Holland very interesting. My Grandfather immagrated to Canada from Holland. I have always been disappointed not to learn more from him about this place from which our family comes. It sounds like a beautiful country with strong, resourceful people.
I'll leave you with a quote that caught my attention last night. " We never know how God will answer our prayers, but we can expect that He will get us involved in His plan for the answers. If we are true intercessors, we must be ready to take part in God's work on behalf of the people for whom we pray." Pg. 38
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment