Sunday, July 23, 2006

Heat

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS HEAT!
What in God's green earth is going on? I feel like a baked potatoe. We have been living in our basement and the kids are getting sick of the four walls. The dishes pile up because I can't stand to be at the sink past 10:00 am. It gets hot by then, and who wants to have their hands in hot water when you are already hot.
anyways if anyone is reading this you can think of us. And you also don't have air conditioning in your house let me know so I can think of you too! Us non-airconditioned people have to stick together.

2 comments:

Oh Joy said...

Well I have a/c but still I feel as though I must comment! When we DIDN'T have A/C I used to put a big bowl of ice cubes in front of the fans and it really helped to spread the cool around the room. It sounds silly but it really did help.

Mom said...

Hi there Amie. We have no air either. This is what grampa does.
When it starts to get hot he closes all the windows and pulls down the blinds. Then turns on the furness fan to blow the cool basement air around the house.
I complain at first ,I want the breeze from the windows, but he proves to be right .Go out for a few minutes then experiance the blessed cool of the house when you come back in. The dogs won't stay out. We have had waves of thunderstorms coming over us today and not one drop of rain. We just wait and hope.down by the lake and up in Ottawa yes but none for us.
We should pray for one ane anther