Sunday, September 24, 2006

Noise

Have you ever seen this show on CBC on Sunday afternoons. Its about youth that do things to make a difference in the world. It never ceases to inspire me. There are some amazing stories of young people who do unbelieveable things. I was thinking how I used to believe that I could do anything. As a teenager there was nothing to big for me to tackle. I remember working at Fair Havens one summer the Sr. Youth leader told Brad and I that we were dreaming too big and when we got older we would realize that one person can only do so much. I remember crying that night in bed. I never wanted to believe that. I don't think I believe it...but my expectations have definitely been lowered. I've been asking myself what impossible things does God want me to do? Not just globaly, but here at home. Organizing a tupperware party for the community ladies seems like a big deal. I mean I don't know any of them, and what if it turns out to be a night that they are all busy? Maybe tupperware is the wrong thing to do...? anyways, I'm going to keep asking God.
I wonder if I underestimate the work I do for God at home. you know the two lives that I give myself to everyday are so important. I wander if I am selfless and give and teach maybe God will use them to do great things in the kingdom. That is definitely something to inspire towards.

PS sorry for all the spelling mistakes. Those of you who have known me for a long, long time lovingly know that spelling is not one of my strengthens!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Of all the accomplishments that God inspires and empowers me to do in my life nothing will ever be as important to me as my opportunity to die for my children every day. What a priviledge!! What a joy to serve God in this way. I just thought of Miriam looking after her baby brother Moses for the princess. Not just a job, but a great joy too.
I am soooo proud of you Amie, and I am so excited so grateful to God for His hand on your life.
Keep dying, its all worth it.
Your fan, and friend,
mom