Don't you love fresh tomatoes out of the garden. Toasted tomatoe sandwiches! Yummy! Mayo, salt pepper, and a thick slice of frest tomatoe. These were my thoughts three years ago when I planted my frist garden here in Plenty. The first year the plants got killed by late frost in May, there were no tomatoes. The seconded year I got huge plants, but no tomatoes! This year I was very careful. I planeted them well, I pruned them, and watered them. And then I realized that I had bought, planted and cared for cherry tomatoes. You do not know how disappointed I was and still am. I don't know what to do with cherry tomatoes. I made a batch of salsa, but I have more now and I don't know what to do. I want a tomatoe sandwich. Is that too much to ask?
Maybe next year. Is that not every gardener's moto?
2 comments:
Yeah, sorry that didn't work out eh?
Funny, funny post - made my day. KEEP WRITING YOU ARE SO GOOD AT IT!!!!
Okay, so you take your tomatoes and cut them in half. Put them in a bowl. Get some cucumber, also, chop-chop. Throw in some olive oil, oregano and salt and you got a salad. If you have feta, throw that in, or some balsamic vinegar is nice. THAT'S what you do. Or bring them to me b/c I LOVE the cherry tomatoes. LOVE them.
Post a Comment