Saturday, October 28, 2006

My prayer

To my children:
I pray that you will grow to know your value. That you prize the treasure that is you. That you find joy in your own uniqueness. That you never demean yourself by wanting to be someone else. That you find contentment in your circumstances, where you live, single or not, school or at home. I pray you have the ability to discern what is good and right. As the people around you speak and live I pray you would know the truth from the lies. And that you would have the courage to live with truth. I pray you would know what a man and woman of God looks like. Humble, servant, with self-respect, honour, responsible, loving and full of grace.

2 comments:

catherine said...

very good amie,

i pray this for us too, not just children - everyone needs to know this and to stop looking at others in judgement or jealousy...

good...

J said...

Ya, I was thinking about our conversation and I think this is what I was trying to say that I wanted for Grace...but ofcourse that's not completely what came out. I agree I need to pray this for myself. You really got me doing some self evaluation and I need this pray too.
amie