Friday, April 06, 2007

will it happen?

Not if I have anything to do with it. My son will do nothing that is suggested to him. No that's not true he will willing eat anything with a sugar value over 90%. But peeing on the potty or riding a bike...not going to happen. He got on because we put Grace on and he was upset because she was on the bike he won't ride. Jon thought he could push him for our walk today, but down the road a bit he decided that he had had enough and got off and refused to get back on. Jon, wanting him to enjoy his bike, thought that if he pushed the bike on our walk he might eventually want to get back on, but no, Jon push, carried and rode the bike for the whole walk, Elijah refusing with every suggestion, that he did not want to ride his bike. What a funny kid. We really have just learned that if its not important we can't push him to do it. Jon even bought him a horn for his bike, but no enticing will do.

4 comments:

Oh Joy said...

Is it an actual BIKE or a tricycle? B/C my son would NOT ride a bike, but totally took off on his tricycle. I think it felt more stable. Anyway, who cares, he'll ride it or not ride it and it won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things.

J said...

your right, I just thought it was funny how he decides about certian things. He's a funny kid. He likes to look at the bike and is pretty proud to have one, but doesn't want to ride it. So funny. Don't worry we aren't stressing about it. Who knows when or if he'll do it this summer, but its there for himif he wants to try!

catherine said...

or.. you could do what my dad did and take me on a nice walk up a steep hill, then place me on my new pink bike and push me down the hill and say...'catch on'... fun times!!! and totally not a trust issue there...

he,he... riding bikes, really takes awhile too with no good sidewalks and just the highway to learn on... i guess he'll learn to hit the ditch when a semi is barrelling down on him...


SIDE NOTE::: WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BLOG THERE, HUH??? NO LINK TO IT, EH??? IS IT CUZ OF THE LANGUAGE I USE IN IT?

J said...

Sorry about that Catherine. I hadn't notice that I forgot to link your blog. No offense I hope. I'll get right on it. Not at this moment though because I"m tired and...tired...