So, I was telling Jon yesterday that I wanted to write a song. Being the very supportive husband that he is, he began to think up ideas for me. One of these inspiring thoughts was, "the Simpson's never grow up...that would be a great line Amie, you've got to use that." I ask you how int he world am I going to put that into a song? Jon thought it was very porfound though. Funny guy!
I think that when I first starting writing I was just doing it because it was so natural. Now it seems like when I go to write a song I have to work so hard to get my words out. I want to say something so badly but I can't find it. I wonder if I wouldn't have this problem if I had never made my first record. Like now there is some kind of pressure. Maybe I just have to rediscover the joy of writing for its own sake.
I've been learning so much about the Soveriegnty of God lately and love the thought that God holds all things in His hands, and love how the bible just makes so much more sense with God at the center instead of me. So I would love to write about that but to get my thoughts together seems impossible.
Well, I guess if I'm going to say I believe all things are in God's hands then I should believe that if He has a song for me I'll get it some time. And if not...well I guess I'll be thankful for all the other things He has blessed me with.
2 comments:
it is a good line! or how about this line, "nobody is as smart and good-looking as my husband" that's a good line you could use that!
Ok...seriously though when it is God's timing you will write a song or two, or eight! Keep waiting on Him.
thanks sweetie, I love you and you are handsome!
Post a Comment