Monday, February 01, 2010

Crochet





So I've decided to learn how to crochet. I found this great book at the library the other day. Yes, its for kids.
I chose to make this sweater for Grace. I think it will be good.
I've had trouble getting my tension right. The bottom of my first piece is looser than the top. I might have to take it all out and try again. I might as well do it right.
Elijah told me he wants one next and then I think I'll knit something for Ian. I want to go into Regina to Natural Fibers ( I think that's what its called) and get some nice wool for Ian's project. I got some Bebbie Bliss Knitting books at the library too. I love her patterns.
I would really like to start a knitting/crochet club but don't know who would be interested in such a thing. Its hard when we don't have a good wool shop near by. Regina is a bit far for people to go to get wool. Walmart stuff isn't interesting and their selection is bad.
Jon and I were going to go away for a weekend together this coming weekend, but it doesn't look like its going to happen now. So maybe I can convince him to take me into Regina to get the wool. Normally this would not be a good enough reason to go but under the circumstances I think he owes me one!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I was thinking you should order wool online but its so hard to be inspired by a photo. I love standing in front of the shelves of wool envisioning what I could make of such beautiful stuff.
When we lived in NB the selection was pretty small but there was a small wool shop. I never had much to spend but loved going in. Those days I spent alot of time knitting. Remember your pink fuzzy fairisle sweater and Josh's brown one?
I made Daddy one too but he wasn't much for sweaters...oh well. Maybe I will get back to knitting one day. Its so nice that your kids take interest in your projects. You have a wonderful family Amie. xo mom

Faith and Mark said...

I'm sorry you can't get away. Good job on learning how to crocet though.