Jon is gone to Yorton for today and tomorrow. He is playing in a mens tournament.
For the most part my day with the kids went smoothly. We went into town in the morning. I wanted to get a few things at Walmart. I'll have to return a few. I definitly bought the wrong colour yarn for Elijah's sweater. It looked redish-orange in the store but when i got it home it was more pick than anything. So that won't work. I remembered to buy diapers for Grace and Ian. Surprising.
I'm reading a book called "Grace based parenting" I'm only a little ways in but he's talked about loving your kids for who God made them. I was reminded of this today when Elijah was begging and pleading for me to arrange a play date for him with one of his friends. I find this very difficult. #1 I don't want to bother other families. #2 I don't want to and often can't leave the house to take him somewhere. #3 I didn't want even more of a mess in the house from having another 5 year old to help my two take every toy out. Not today. I was getting very frustrated by his pleading and need to be with other people. I think I can say no to him and he needs to except that decision but I also think I don't want him to get the impression that there is something wrong with him for wanting to be with people all the time. I also don't want to give him the impression that he is an annoyance to me. This is very difficult. To not allow my frustration with the situation to dictate the way I treat him and talk with him about it. Lord give me wisdom.
I'm going to attempt to go to church tomorrow by myself and the kids. I may have to send the two older ones to children's church on their own if Ian is sleeping. I can't just leave him there in the pew and I won't want to carry the car seat all the way to the classroom. I talked with Cristy tonight and asked if I could sit near her. Then she could watch the Ian when I take the kids.
Anyways, off to bed for me. Never know what Ian's night will be like.
much love
amie
No comments:
Post a Comment