Friday, February 12, 2010

from bum to top...



I knit this diaper cover for Ian last summer while I was still pregnant. Very easy pattern, and you can add legs if you want. I bought the pattern online from Green Way Babywear You can buy them already made or get the pattern to make it yourself. You need 100% wool. Try to find a soft kind like, merino wool. I bought just plain wool but it is processed gently without a lot of cemicals so its pretty soft. Its called Custom Woolen Mills ltd. Make sure its not superwash because you need all the natural lanolin and a bit of felting. If you are interested in learning how to help make your woolies even more waterproof just ask and I'll send you the instructions. I really like them. They are not bulky, and keep baby dry. We live in a cold place but I've read from moms who live in hot places that it keeps their babies cool and dry. The miracles God created for us!


So I finished the sweater for Grace. I took it apart a few time before I settled on what it was going to look like. I used some wool I already had in the house. Unfortunately it was 100% wool and not a very soft variety. So she's complaining that its itchy. Poop! I had her wear it with a long sleeve shirt on underneath. This seems to appeased her somewhat. Elijah wants one now, but I'm not going to go to all that work just for him to complain its itchy too. So I may just go to Walmart and buy some cheap yarn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Amie!

Unknown said...

I love your blog - this is the first time I read it, for some reason. Guaranteed I'll be following it when we move away. I love graces sweater and the monster on Elijah's!