Tuesday, March 07, 2006

teeth

Elijah had a fever last night. It finally broke around 4:00am. All day today he just hasn’t been himself. I’m thinking that maybe he is getting his two year molars. My friend Glenna said that they can be pretty bad. I think kids start teething from the day they are born and don’t stop until…I don’t know I haven’t reach the non-teething stage yet.
I got Elijah’s hair cut today and he screamed the whole time. Not really like him to do that. Steph, our hair dresser, was very patient. Her daughter, of five or six, did everything to try to make him happy. He would smile a few minutes at a offered freeze and the next be screaming again.
Jon has prayer meeting tonight. Catherine and Jason have it at their house as much as they can. I guess they just expect me to miss. I’ve tried to take the kids but I end up just watching them in a different room the whole time. No point of me going with it that way. I guess maybe I’ll talk to Jon about getting a babysitter every other week so that I can go once in awhile.
We got a email from some long time friends today. It was so nice to hear from them. Steve and Heather were the kind of friends you didn’t need a invitation to go over and visit. Back when we were the closest, Steve was in University learning all kinds of interesting things and we would all sit in their living room sipping coffee, nibbling on the Tim Hortons donuts Jon and I had brought, discussing new ideas, and pushing ourselves to think outside the boxes we lived in. At the time neither of us had children. I think back to that time so fondly, as a time when we stretched our minds, and hearts.
I heard someone say the other day, “She decided not to be the victum anymore and take what she got and make good or deal with it.” That changed me.
Just a small part or a bigger me.
amie

No comments: