Wow, two years old. I'm amazed how quickly the time goes by. It seems like just yesterday i was laying on a delivery table is the worst pain imaginable, then holding his tiny body (all legs and arms), all wet and pink, as he saw the world for the first time. I remember looking at Jon and seeing tears in his eyes. He was a bad eater from the moment he was born. Even today two years later he won't eat what I put infront of him. I guess he's still alive! I think that's the most important thing I've learnt about parenting: they survive dispite you and your worries and fail effort. The next how many years look to be even more exciting then the first two. After his bath tonight we were all sitting in his room getting ready for bed and he was bouncing from one place to the next. On the bed, off the bed. Under the covers, out from them. Run circles, jumping big leaps. Laughing, then crying because he triped and fell. Up again and kissing Grace. Now kissing me. Now laughing the loudest laugh with his belly sticking way out and his head all the way back!!! all this in the matter of five or so minutes I'm sure. I pray God takes that love of life, that energy and excitment and uses it to further his Kingdom.
any ways that was just a small part of an excited second birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment