Have you heard about this movie? I was listening to a John Piper sermon during my work out this morning and he made reference to it. I guess it is about William Booth, the man who worked for 30 years in the British Parliament to end slave trade. The Bill was voted down 11 times. I really want to see it. Actually, Jon and I got invited to a free previewing of it but its in the middle of the day and in Saskatoon, so there is really no way of pulling that off. So Jon has said he will take me later. Not to be a pessimist, but we never do those sorts of things even when we do have the best of intentions. (Maybe now that I've said that Jon will take it as a challenge to actually go to the movie. He's very competitive.)
This sermon I was listening to was so good. I need to listen to it again. You know it is so nice to be able to listen to these great preachers when ever I want but I end up getting convicted of something different in my life everyday, and I don't have time to process anything. Its a little overwhelming. I should just listen to the same sermon two days in a row. I need to write notes when I'm listening because it is so hard to remember all the great things that they say, but that's not really possible when I'm working out.
2 comments:
Wilberforce was his name. I remember my dad reading the book in the 50s. He was excited about it as much as a victorian gentleman can be excited. I want to see it too. Gramma
Thankyou for the correction. I don't know why I said william Booth? I should look for a book about him to read.
Post a Comment